Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Review: The Dinner by Herman Koch

I certainly ran through some emotions reading this book. The beginning third of this book I found myself laughing out loud in several spots. The way Paul describes fancy restaurants is pretty much I feel about them, also. Unlike Paul I have never ate in the type of establishment described and I am not sure I ever will. The middle is where we learn why the dinner is taking place and I find that I can sympathize with the parents to a point because as parents we know our kids make mistakes. We hope they are small ones, they can learn from in the end. The end of the book..amazement..well...it is a book and anything can happen, it would be hard to talk about without giving away to much. I enjoyed this book and recommend it to others. -Jennifer
*This would be a good book for a reading group it has several topics and interesting characters to be discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment